Professor Dimitar Filchev graduated in the specialty of "Dental Medicine" from the Faculty of Dental Medicine in Sofia in 1998. In 2000, he was appointed as an assistant in the Department of Prosthetic Dental Medicine at the same faculty, and since 2022, he has been a professor in the same department.
- In 2003, he obtained a postgraduate specialization in prosthetic dental medicine.
- In 2006, he specialized for 3 months in the Department of Prosthetics in Munich, and two years later, he continued his education with a specialization in implantology at the New York Dental University.
- In 2013, he defended his dissertation and obtained a doctoral degree.
- From 2007 to 2015, he served as the president of the Sofia Dental Meeting Association.
- Since 2010, he has been a lecturer at the Zimmer Institute in Winterthur, Switzerland, where he regularly conducts lectures and practical courses.
- Co-founder of the Implantological Dental Center at the Medical University in Sofia.
- Specialization in Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dental Medicine - Münster, Germany. He participated in training on prosthodontics with Prof. Nitzan Bichacho, Dr. Mauro Fradeani, on implantology with Dr. Henry Salama, on Periodontology with Prof. Andre Saadoun, Dr. Markus Hurzeler, Prof. Giovanni Zucchelli.
Honorary member of the Style Italiano Group, the Bulgarian Society of Aesthetic Dental Medicine, the Bulgarian Dental Association, an associated member of EAED, and an instructor at the Zimmer Institute in Switzerland.
Since 1998, Prof. Dimitar Filchev has been leading a successful practice in Sofia, focusing on implantology, aesthetic and digital dental medicine, and orthodontics.
Prof. Dimitar Filchev has more than 80 publications in scientific journals, numerous scientific presentations, and many participations as the main lecturer at national and international congresses.